Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Family bonding and Canadians

My Korean family is wonderful! My cousin In June (not pictured) met me at my apt and we took the subway in Seoul to meet up with my Aunt Kum's sister and brother (and her brother's daughter... all pictured).

We went to a Chinese restaurant (first meal in Korea, go figure) and consumed lots of soju. I'm convinced this 68 yr-old woman can drink anyone under the table. She also did not stop speaking the entire night and when I complimented her ring, she tried to give it to me. I had my cousin (the 13 yr-old) sneak it back into her purse. After the soju we went to my relative's restaurant. It's a great, somewhat western-style place with booths as seating. They specialize in chicken dishes and I'm pumped to go back. After kicking back a couple beers (Cass) we headed next door to the Noreabong (small karaoke rooms) for more beers and lots of Korean and English singing. The next day, In June and his family took me back to my area to buy a cell phone (!!!) and pick up any odds and ends I needed for my apt.

Sunday and Monday night I slept at my Canadian friend Jana's. I was fearing a bed bug issue at my apt, and she graciously allowed me to crash at her place. Insta-friend is basically what happened and I am so thankful. It took about an hr to get to her place from mine, but well worth it for the clean apt and good chats. We had a pizza party the first night (Hawaiian... 5,900 won for a large!) We are heading to Seoul on Saturday to celebrate halloween (costumes via the dollar store) and party with some of Jana's buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment