Saturday, October 31, 2009

Duster

Duster. The word seems innocent enough. UNTIL you are a newbie to the area and you're at Mad Max. In which case, it involves three shots of liquor and three shots of beer (including Guinness). Also known as The Gus Train; Gus is the owner's son. Yikes.

Last night (Friday) my work had a Welcoming Party. The owner of my school took all the teachers out to dinner, Korean BBQ. I thought I was pretty flexible. But I had a difficult time sitting crossed legged for an extended period. I'll need to practice. After dinner, we went to sing Karaoke. My supervisor used to be a professional opera singer. He lived in Germany for 10 years singing and after last night, I know why. His voice is amazing. It was great fun and all the teachers, myself included, took turns singing. Everyone was singing semi-serious songs, so I tried to put some fun into the room. I sang "Good Bye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks and "Livin' La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin haha. 

After karaoke, I met up with some western teachers at Mad Max. That's when the Duster sealed my fate. I only took two shots of liquor and two shots of beer. There were thirsty people at my table who were happy to take the other shots for me.

Turns out the construction continues on Saturdays. Ibuprofen please.

1 comment:

  1. hey.... it is Ju Sung .... what a wonderful blog... hows Korea?? do you like it so far?? that is why i am korean.. haha ... just let me know when you get the cell phone when you get it.... so that when i have a break from the military,, i get to see you in seoul or incheon.... have a great day...

    ReplyDelete