Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Job Search, 2010 version

"Ahab did not like Micaiah, because he never prophesied good concerning him, but evil: probably he liked the sycophant son of Chenaanah better; yet might Ahab have escaped a bloody death, had he but stopped his ears to flattery, and opened them to faithful counsel." ~Currer Bell, 1847

Back on the job search (again) and it's quite a frustrating task. Yes, there ARE jobs out there, but none seem to be a good fit (or anywhere close).
If anyone is reading this, feel free to pass along any interesting jobs you see posted! I promise to give you a shout out for my millions of Blog subscribers :)

It's an interesting and challenging employment time for our generation, that's no secret, but it's the long term effects that worry me. One part of my mind says, 'challenging circumstances provide room for growth,' while the other part says, 'yeah, but didn't I spend a lot of time and money to get a degree that now seems to be worthless?' No, my mind does not really talk, at least I don't think it does...

But, the truth is there... long gone are the days of college degrees feeding into a career. We're forced to be more creative and take more chances, which CAN lead to more discouragement and loss, BUT there's always that chance that some company will notice what we've known all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment