Thursday, September 9, 2010

62nd Emmy Awards

While living in Korea, I'm fortunate to be surrounded by so many interesting people and fashions every day. The 62nd Annual Emmy Awards was a great opportunity to see the fashion and interesting people back in the U.S.

However, after watching my two shows completely dominate (Mad Men & Modern Family), all I felt was a pull that, "shit, I could do that. I SHOULD do that." So as I sat in my tiny studio apartment in Korea, all I wanted to do was go audition in the equally as foreign territory, Los Angeles! Don't get me wrong, I know that the overwhelming majority of people currently on TV have put YEARS of hard work, dedication and endless auditions to get where they are. I'm in awe of their talent and drive. But, I also feel that they had to start somewhere. Actors are not born from a different species, they are 'normal' folks who one day decided to take that leap and put themselves out there for criticism. Through the endless critiques, however, they started to  specialize in their craft and eventually it paid off.

In the words of Rachel from GLEE, "I'm like TinkerBell ... I need applause to survive."

Here's to one day taking that chance and getting that applause!

No comments:

Post a Comment