Saturday, July 17, 2010

Medical Clinic!

After watching it get progressively worse, I decided to visit the doctor about my toe! A few months ago, during my first soccer practice after almost 10 years, I pushed it a bit much and messed up my toenail.

To spare the details, bottom line- wasn't quite looking right and I had messed it up again at my games last weekend.

I chose to visit the same doctor who I saw when I first arrived in Korea. Still not sure what his name is, but he works at the Ilshin Clinic in Yeonsu Dong near the BYC building. He is absolutely incredible. Super laid back and talks like he's from, or lived in, southern California. Right off the bat, he told me that I'd be fine and then he kept repeating, "Just take it easy. Take it easy." But real drawn out... I felt like I wanted to give him a high-five!

An additional bonus, medical care and prescriptions are crazy affordable in Korea. For my visit, it was 12,000w and for the 3-day prescription (which included 7 tablets 3 times a day... yikes) it was 12,000w. The pills may just have been basic ibuprofen, BUT, the care I received made it totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment