Monday, August 30, 2010

Seoul Station Coffee Woman

in her station, ready to work
There is a woman who has a coffee stand near Exit 2 at Seoul Station. She is immediately across from the 1200/1300/1400/1500 bus stops. I observe her while I wait for the bus and every time I'm amazed at her level of commitment to her work. She is always in the same outfit, plaid cotton bottoms and a red shit, hair pulled back. She carries coffee (I'm guessing 600w) to waiting cab drivers, coffee cup perched on a clean plate.  I watch her scrub the plate down after each serving and the bench in her stand must be spotless; she scrubs it down, dedicated to amazing service and cleanliness. I haven't gained the courage to talk to her and I've never seen anyone except for cab drivers purchase one of her coffees. But she is there day in and day out and I wouldn't doubt that although her coffee is just hot water and and a coffee mix, that it's probably the best cup of mixed coffee you've ever tasted.
8.29.2010 Seoul Station, Exit 2

No comments:

Post a Comment