Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starting the New Year Off with Seoul

As the cliche of the title suggests, ended up in Seoul (Hongdae) for New Year's Eve! Arrived 15 minutes to midnight so went to the first random bar we could find. Immediately after midnight we looked out the 2nd-floor window to see a huge mob forming in the street. Not even a minute after midnight, the entire mob did the Michael Jackson "Beat It" dance. It was unbelievable- like out of a movie. This is the best video I could find on youtube. It's not great, but you can some what get the feel. We watched it from above but couldn't hear the music.. it was a sight to see!


Spent the weekend on a ski/snowboarding trip at Pheonix Resort. AdventureKorea organized the trip. I've heard mixed reviews about their trips, but for this particular event they did a great job. They took care of the accommodations (which were right on the resort), the transportation, rental equipment, and passes. There were 37 people on the trip and it was a great group, with teachers from all over the world (South Africa, New Zealand, England, U.S.A, Canada, etc). My snowboarding skills aren't the best, but I made it down the hill, mostly on my two feet. I only face-planted once, so I consider the weekend a success.



1 comment:

  1. You get Seoul. I get Hoboken. Luckyyyy.

    ReplyDelete